From the outside looking in, ParaNorman seemed like any other CG animated kids' flick. We needed a way to show what makes ParaNorman a more substantial (while equally fun) family movie. And coming off the success of Coraline, we needed to maintain LAIKA’s reputation as makers of handcrafted fairy tales for every age.
We designed a campaign that celebrated the deeper sentiment of the film, that #WeirdWins, while also featuring the handcrafted animation that makes LAIKA so special. It was a story that would resonate across ages.
The campaign rollout began with a teaser trailer and website, followed up with social content that went behind-the-scenes to the making of the film, and finished with a social campaign that celebrated “weirdos” from all walks of life—including some from within LAIKA studios.
The #WeirdWins hashtag organically trended on Twitter and garnered 35,000 new followers in one week with no paid media.
- Webbys People's Voice Winner: Media & Entertainment Category
- Webbys Honoree: Websites: Movie & Film
- Webbys Honoree: Wesbites: Best Navigation/Structure
- Webbys Honoree: Websites: Best Visual Design - Asthetic
- Webbys Honoree: Mobile: Integrated Mobile Experience
- One Show Interactive Gold for Integrated Branding Campaign – 360
- One Show Interactive Gold for Websites, Consumer Goods